In honor of Father’s Day here are 5 Things I A-D-O-R-E about my Dad:
5. He bates my hook with worms and shows endless patience out on his boat. I’m in my happy place out on the water with him. (Also he doesn’t get upset when I catch bigger fish than him as evidenced by the photo below.)
4. He played chauffeur to countless gymnastics practices and meets. Only now that I’m older do I understand how big of a time commitment that must have been for him! But he was always there to listen as I talked about my night at the gym; sometimes a little worse for wear. During those times he was encouraging and gentle and a great listener. I miss those rides bouncing along in his big pick-up; an orchestra of diet Mountain Dew cans rattling in the back.
3. His dance move. Yes I mean that to be singular, as in he has one and only one. It is epic and sends me into a fit of giggles every time he does it.
2. Because he loves my mom, plain and simple.
1. He took a chance on our incomplete little family when I was seven and made it whole. He filled the “Dad” void in my tiny heart with his big smile, infectious laughter and the world’s best hugs.
My Dad may have come into my life after I was born but you would never know it and neither would I. He’s as much a Dad as any Dad can be, only better, because he’s mine.
Happy Father’s Day!
Oh I almost forgot about this little gem. How cute is that?